Yoga for a healthier lifestyle

I fell off the exercising wagon again last July 2011, and for some weird reason, I didn't hop back in. My lifestyle became pretty sedentary, and I gained a few pounds. When my beloved jeans started feeling tighter than usual, it hit me: "I'm getting fat. AGAIN."

To put an end to this yo-yo cycle, one of my vows for this year is to:

1. EAT HEALTHY
2. ENROLL IN A WORKOUT CLASS
3. ENGAGE IN NON-EXERCISING ACTIVITIES ON REST DAYS TO ESTABLISH MY METABOLISM

1 and 3 are already accomplished. Now I should start fulfilling vow # 2.


One Hyundai Club invited me to a day with Yoga+ at The Fort. It was on a Saturday, and every person in my household knows that Saturday is bed day for me. So instead of keeping those fat cells inside my body, I got up and slipped into my workout clothes and went to their free class at Yoga+. I just thought to myself: "It's now time to start fulfilling vow #2!"



Yoga+ is located at Fort Legend Towers, Fort Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City. They offer Ashtanga Yoga, and Hot Yoga A, B, and C (forgive me, I do not know what they stand for). I was with some OHC official members, OHC Officers, and Yoga+ students (who all look mighty fine, by the way) in our 90 minute session. Our instructor for the day was Neil Salang, and damn, his body looks damn fine. Must be from all that Yoga-ing.

I had a little background in Yoga way back in College. It was pretty basic, and I got the impression that it was pretty easy because I'm innately flexible. But dang, seems like what I've had was VERY basic because my trial session was back- breaking (but in a good way). I've experienced minor muscle aches the following day (which is natural to first- timers and come backers), but I've felt that I've gotten stronger and more energetic after the class. However, I like variety and dancing, so I think I will sample other workouts first. If you're the type who wants to become more flexible and toned, or if you want to calm your spirit and release stress, Yoga is the right thing for you. Apart from its body benefits, Yoga is known to ease the mind. Most of its students are corporate people, which goes to show that it's something you should do if you're in the workforce, and if your workplace is getting pretty toxic. Stress is the mother of all diseases, and Yoga will aid you in preventing any impending disease.

Well at least I had a chance to try Yoga and see if it's the right workout for me. I might as well check out other workouts and see if they have trial classes so I could finally pick the right workout for me. I don't want to splurge on classes and end up not attending them. If you've been meaning to find a workout that fits you, I advice that you sample workouts first through free trials.

To help me in fulfilling vow #2, OHC gave me the following:



And look, the peeps from OHC were also kind enough to give me their exclusive journal! I feel blessed!


OHC's exclusive journal is given to Hyundai car owners and buyers.


You get a lot of perks as a Hyundai customer because 1. You get tons of discounts from their partner merchants 2. You get free invites to their classes and workshops such as this Yoga+ trial class 3.) First dibs on their upcoming monthly promos (I swear, they have a lot!)


On top of that, you also get expert lifestyle, beauty, fashion, and health tips from some of the leading magazine editors in the country! Sweet!

Visit OHC's FB Fan Page for more updates. And if you're a Hyundai car owner, inquire about their journal so you can take advantage of these cool benefits. Or if you want to buy a new car, might as well check Hyundai if you want to gain access to these lifestyle events!

Post a Comment

9 Comments

  1. Hiya! Have you tried Bikram yoga? ^_^ If yes, can you provide a feedback for it? It has crossed my mind but I am having second thoughts. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pinkmargarita: hi there! according to neil salang, Bikram is same as their HOT A, B, and C classes. The difference of it from trad yoga is, it's done in a hot (or sauna?) room so you'll lose more toxins while you work out. :) but nope, I've only tried Ashtanga. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice! It's also my vow this year to enroll in a workout class/ apply a gym membership.. I will do so once I got my schedule straight.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodluck Ms.Martha if ever na magenroll ka na sa yoga class mo. I know summer is so fast approaching, kaya makikita na ulit kitang naka 2 piece. witwew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a friend who is into yoga for many years now, She always invites me to their class but to my schedule nauuna palagi mga kids. siguro this summer will try to get a schedule. good luck sa Yoga class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you tried Yogalates? A combination of Yoga and Pilates? Sabi kasi ng friend mas naglose daw sya when she tried yogalates. Anyhoo, goodluck with your Yoga class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Question po. Can I have yoga after belly dancing or the other way around. I can't skip my session pa kasi sa belly dancing 'cos paid it already for a year, sayang naman po. But I wanna try Yoga too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. weee! I already got details on different workout sessions Ms. Martha.. by next week, I will enroll na! weeeeeee! happy much!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)