FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: Spend VS Save- 6 Best Foundations for Walwal


Tomorrow's the day! All the sleepless nights I've spent organizing our much- awaited anniversary is finally happening and I am super excited, but sad at the same time. Excited because I'll see again my long- time readers and at the same time, new members of the pack, and sad because we only have four hours to celebrate and a year before it happens again!

But there will be more anniversary parties to come so let's all look forward to that! Today let's talk about foundations that will withstand walwal moments! Thanks Charisse for the question!

Ms. Martha,
I have yellowish skin; not too fair, not too morena. Please help me find a foundation for walwal or malling. I can't find the best foundation that matches my skin tone. Help!
Charisse

 Hi Charisse!

Thanks for the question. You have three questions here: foundation reco for malling, for walwal, and finding foundation that matches your skin tone.

Walwal sounds good to me so here are walwal- tested foundations that can take you from sun up to sun dow, from booze to coffee. To my foreign readers here, 'walwal' loosely translates to the phrase "excessive partying"in modern Filipino language. 

Here are my favorite six from the spend and save category.


- A foundation that can take you from today's walwal to tomorrow's walwal. Seriously, this is super duper long- lasting and extremely lightweight; these are why this foundation is my current HG!


- Rihanna's debut foundation that took the world by storm because of the inclusive, super long- wearing Soft Matte Long- Wear foundation. It's buildable yet feels lightweight on the skin and has really impressive oil control.


- A classic favorite. One of the first full coverage, almost-24-hour foundations that I fell in love with and introduced me to the world of super long- lasting foundations. This has always been a reliable partner not only during walwal moments, but also during extra long events at work.


- The product that made me super curious about the brand. This foundation is surprisingly long- lasting and pigmented. In fact, I even see this as an affordable alternative to Kat Von D Lock It.

5. SAVE: REVLON COLORSTAY WHIPPED

- Soft, pigmented foundation from one of the all- time favorite long- wearing drugstore lines. Colorstay is a comfortable whipped foundation that lasts long and ideal for those with a lot of imperfections to conceal.

6. SAVE: PINK SUGAR OUR LIL' SECRET ALL- DAY COVERAGE FOUNDATION

- Pink Sugar's foundation version of the well- loved Our Lil' Secret concealer (the one in the tube that doesn't move!) is long- wearing, oil- free, lightweight, and pigmented. It's actually a good dupe for Nars All Day Luminous Foundation!

Hope you liked this list!

**Got a burning question on beauty, makeup, skin care, fragrance, fitness, diet, blogging, career, marriage, or whatever in between? Send me a message via contact form, email met at martha.stabarbara@yahoo.com, or shoot me a message at THE BEAUTY JUNKEE OFFICIAL FACEBOOK FAN PAGE.

Post a Comment

6 Comments

  1. Loreal infalliable is my save walwal foundie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to NARS and KVD! I have both products but I must say NARS outlast KVD, well for me. But I love both products, and I don't use them everyday, only on Walwal days lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to say Congrats ate Martha For the success of 9th anniversary meet and greet. I didn't join this year bc I was so busy with study but next year I would surely join to meet you ate Martha thank you also for this post. I also suffer the same problem of finding the right foundation for me and this post totally helped me. 😻 Congrats on 9 years ate Martha and to more blessings and years to come po

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried Pink Sugar foundation and love the coverage but not good for everyday wear but girl, even if I work for 16 hours straight it did not budge at all! I set it with palgantong powder and retouch from time to time. Love it! I am interested and saving for Fenty foundation because of its rave reviews but thinking of getting the Nars as well because of your review Ms. Martha! I also saw it last Saturday when you wore it and told us it's Nars and love the finish. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hindi nasali ang L’Oreal Infallibale. Siguro dun ako sa Pink Sugar, cute pa ng packaging. Thanks for this post Ms M

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Ngaun ko lang napansin to Ms. Martha..this was me asking...😀 anyways i had purchased loreal infalliable because of ur recos for the best tandem..will try next time some of these..ill save a lot for kvd..thanks for answering mwaahhh!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)