The Skin Care products that ended my 6-month acne battle


effective anti acne skin care pimple skin care prevent acne cystic acne prevention
The last 6 months have been a roller coaster ride for my skin and my emotions.

I've experienced yet again a very bad breakout ever since adult acne onset happened when I was 25. Since then, I think I've had 4 grave breakouts; not a lot compared to some so I may be overreacting, but you have to understand that I never had to deal with this problem and my clear skin was one of my prized possessions so every time I experience something like this, I feel really bad.

effective anti acne skin care pimple skin care prevent acne cystic acne prevention


When I encounter a bad breakout, I would always go for my trusted acne skin care line, Mario Badescu; I just use it for one month straight and I'm all good. It still worked, but for some reason, my skin decided to play a sinister game on me as acne kept on coming back that it came to a point that my skin got used to Mario Badescu and it wasn't working as effectively anymore. I have used hydrating skin care because I thought my skin was just dehydrated and this usually helps my skin recover from acne, but to no avail. I went for acids and it worked for a while, but eventually cystic acne came out of nowhere because it's either I had a bad reaction, or the acids only suppressed the breakout for a while. I tried sleeping early, managing stress, drinking lots of water, and exercising, but my hormones seemed to be in bad shape! My husband noticed my breakouts; I didn't feel really good about my face that I sleep with my back towards him because I didn't want him waking up to a face full of zits. 

ACNE! YOU ARE BAD FOR MY LOVE LIFE LOL!

In my recent acne saga, I noticed that there were some individual products that stood out and did a lot of good to my skin so I went back, took note of everything, and formed a customized skin care routine.

THANK GOODNESS, THIS TECHNIQUE WORKED!

Now I'm at the tail end of my 6- month war with acne and here are the products that helped me win that:

effective anti acne skin care pimple skin care prevent acne cystic acne prevention
 Here are the products I used during daytime:

For cleansing, I used Althea Korea's Contour Cleanser; this product from Althea's pilot skin care collection is very moisturizing and soothing to the skin; it also has a minty fresh effect.

For toner, since my skin endures a lot of salicylic acid at night time and to prevent my skin from getting oilier from lack of moisture, I use Shiseido White Lucent Luminizing Infuser, a softening lotion followed by Shiseido White Lucent Luminizing Surge, an emulsion that's great for daytime moisturizing needs. I incorporated Shiseido in my routine to help heal my post- acne marks. For makeup, I swapped my full coverage foundations for powder foundation for a lighter coverage; if I needed more coverage, I go for IT Cosmetics CC+ Oil- Free Matte Cream.

effective anti acne skin care pimple skin care prevent acne cystic acne prevention
For night time, I wash with the same Althea cleanser followed by Eskinol Pimple Fighting toner; this is one of the last products that I incorporated in my routine and surprisingly yielded the biggest results; it dried out some of my zits it about 2 days and the liquid formula penetrates my skin easily to do its job underneath. 

Since Eskinol can be drying, I follow up with Kanebo Bloom On Serum; this serum is actually developed as a "period skin care" so I thought it would help with the hormonal effects on my skin; it did help; I noticed that it made my skin look healthier and more rosy despite all the treatments that my face has been getting. Afterwards, I seal it with Shiseido White Lucent Multi-Bright Night Cream for post- acne marks lightening benefits.

I used spot treatment heavily in the last 6 months; I still used Mario Badescu Drying Lotion because this stuff has always been effective on me. When traveling, I bring CosRX Pimple Patches; this works even on cystic acne.

Twice a week, I scrub with St. Ives Apricot Scrub. It's a good ol' favorite and I thought, why not go back to this classic? 

The very last product I incorporated in my routine was The Votary's Salicylic Acid 2% and Tamanu Oil; THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. I used it once and overnight, my two fresh cystic acne spots were flattened immediately; by day two, they were almost dead; by day three, they were dead. Take note, I didn't have to experience all the stinging, burning sensations that 2% salicylic acid usually has; Imma blog about this real soon! This stuff is major love!

effective anti acne skin care pimple skin care prevent acne cystic acne prevention
I've used everything from end of February until now; this is now my face by last week; it is back to its old, resilient self; there are still zits and some still pop out every now and then, but not as crazy and alarming as 6 months ago. My jaw line had the hardest hit, but it's doing really well now. What I'm dealing with at the moment are whiteheads and post- acne marks; so far, no more zits and painful cystic acne; we're all good, skin, we're all good.

Acne, please don't come back in the next 10 years!

P.S. If you experience hormonal/seasonal acne, this skin care routine may work for you, but please be wary of personal allergies and sensitivities. If you have genetically- induced acne and sensitive skin, please see your dermatologist before trying out any of my recommendations.

Have you tried any of these products already? What are your go- to anti-acne skin care products?

DIRECTORY:
Kanebo- Rustan's department storesShiseido- Greenbelt 5, Alabang Town Center, SM Department StoresSt. Ives, Eskinol- leading department stores, drugstores, supermarketsMario Badescu- sephora.ph (use my code MARTHA10 and get 10% off on purchase); RustansIT Cosmetics- sephora.ph (use my code MARTHA10 and get 10% off on purchase)The Votary- sephora.ph (use my code MARTHA10 and get 10% off on purchase)Althea- althea.ph

RELATED READ: Anti- acne skin care lines I swear by

Post a Comment

6 Comments

  1. Thank you FOR sharing this Miss Martha. I am currently experiencing a major break out for months now. Still hAving a hard time finding the right products. Will definitely try these products ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laki ng pagbabago ms Martha.,
    Narinig ko na din tong Votarys salycylic acid maganda nga daw kaso mejo pricey., .,

    Ako po Diane pills po ms martha ang ni recommend sakin ng ob ko kasi before hindi ako hiyang sa pills 😁na gamit ko. Maganda ang results nya sakin and im using Eskinol din po yung pink. At Olay regenerist serum. Yan lng po at celeteque na facial wash . Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ung sister q po lives in kuwait maganda at makinis ang face nya pero pag nagsusummer dun nagsisimula na ng breakouts sa face nya tas mawawala nlng din po pag tag lamig na. Me nmn po madalng tigyawatin i used top gel at night the ung celeteque and maxipeel zero, but but but visible ang pores q and freckles 😞😞😞 nakaka stress.. Any suggestions po pampliit ng pores and pampawala ng pekas?
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your skin looks great Ms. Martha! Glad that you got to take care of your acne without the need of oral medication.

    How to remove Pimples Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eskinol at St ives user ako..And yes very effective siya. No stinging effect sa mukha.
    Nagkaroon ako ng acne nun kakaovertime ko. Nirecommend lang din sakin ng friend ko yung eskinol pimple. Tapos nagtry ako sa maliit na bottle. Nung paubos na yung bottle, napansin ko na kumukonti na lang yung paglabas ng pimples ko. And then yun, tinuloy tuloy ko na.😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got a bad breakout too last September acids and madeca cream saves my skin.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)