BEAUTY BATTLES: Best Makeup Fixing Spray Mario Badescu Facial Spray + Mac Prep Prime Fix+

 

BEAUTY BATTLES: Best Makeup Fixing Spray Mario Badescu Facial Spray + Mac Prep Prime Fix+ morena filipina beauty blog

I remember around 2018, the great debate was whether a makeup fixing mist is the same as a makeup setting mist-and it's all because of MAC Prep + Prime Fix+, which got some people confused when everyone was starting to turn their attention to makeup mists. MAC Fix+ was treated as a setting spray by many, but to their dismay because it didn't work as such so it got people wondering whether it's just a bad product all in all or they're using it incorrectly. This has been settled already and turns out, it's a makeup fixing mist that's meant to re-hydrate skin and take away the powdery look of makeup; in short, it's a face mist with a fancy name and yes, people were using it incorrectly. 

In 2018 as well, beauty influencers started raving about Mario Badescu's Facial Spray, which they love because it gives face a fresh, hydrated, dewy look; and a lot dubbed it as an affordable alternative to Mac Fix+. MB's Facial Spray and MAC's Fix+ were two of the most popular face mists of that time.

With that, let me welcome you to our Beauty Battles for today. Let's find out which one is the best: the affordable Mario Badescu Facial Spray or the expensive, makeup artist favorite MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ Makeup Fixing Spray? Let's find out!

THE LOWDOWN

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater is a facial mist that promises to hydrate the skin, fix makeup, as an all- around skin refresher, and a pick-me-upper during the day. I have reviewed this product HERE and I have mentioned that it is a makeup setting spray, but we know better now. Thing is, anything hydrating can help prolong makeup, but if you really want something that will ensure the longevity of makeup, go for a makeup setting spray.

MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ is a favorite of many makeup artists and makeup enthusiasts alike because of its superb hydrating powers and the way it 'fixes' makeup, which translates to better- looking, more natural- looking makeup despite how many layers there are. Just like Mario Badescu, a lot have treated this as a makeup setting spray when the ingredients say that it is a makeup fixing spray/face mist (but the latest versions of Fix+ have makeup setting spray properties already). I have a review HERE for this product as well.

QUALITY

Mario Badescu is made with very hydrating ingredients namely Aloe, Rosewater, and Thyme. There is also Glycol, which helps retain moisture on the skin surface.

MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ has good ingredients as well, but only one is primarily functions as a hydrating ingredient and that is Cucumber. On the bright side, it has Chamomile and Green Tea extracts that help soothe skin and provide antioxidants. It also has Glycerin that help retain moisture on the skin surface. 

If we're going to judge by the quality and number of hydrating ingredients each product has, Mario Badescu wins.

WINNER: MARIO BADESCU

PRICE

Mario Badescu is P595 for a 118ml bottle and MAC Fix+ is P1,300 for 100ml. I think we have a clear winner here in terms of volume and value.

WINNER: MARIO BADESCU

PERFORMANCE

Mario Badescu smells really fresh and feminine, and I like that I my skin feels really fresh right after use and my skin feels hydrated the whole day. I would even use this to spritz my bare skin and based on years of experience, I can truly say that it really helps improve the bounce, look, and texture of the skin, all thanks to good ol', tried and tested hydrating ingredients. It also helps give makeup a natural, dewy look.

MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ is really good at fixing makeup-this one I can't deny. I love the way it softens the finish of powder on my skin and how it can turn any cakey- looking makeup into a second skin- like one. However, I can't say that it's very hydrating because I recall retouching my skin often with this compared to using Mario Badescu, but I don't mind because I love it more for its makeup- fixing properties.

Both are talented in their own ways so I can say both area winners!

WINNER: MARIO BADESCU

Both are really good products, but when it comes to fixing makeup, MAC wins in this department, but Mario Badescu comes close. But when it comes to secondary benefits, Mario Badescu wins and the price point is better too.

So even if MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ is better in terms of fixing makeup, I choose to go with Mario Badescu because it works the same way as MAC but does more!

BEAUTY BATTLES: Best Makeup Fixing Spray Mario Badescu Facial Spray + Mac Prep Prime Fix+ morena filipina beauty blog
WINNER: MARIO BADESCU

Do you agree with my winner and my thoughts on both products? Share with me your thoughts!

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Unfortunately, MB does not work well with me. I get bumps on my face whenever I use it. Especially on the forehead. MAC is a staple for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Mac but haven't used one in a while since I do not wear make up na all the time

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)