5 UNIMPRESSIVE GIFTS (Beauty Products Edition)


We’ve all seen, heard, and read tips on the best beauty products to gift our loved ones, and give to our colleagues, co- workers, and bosses in order to impress them. And this got me very interested to know what gifts will stress rather than impress people. What are they? I’ve asked my relatives and friends, and here are the top 5 beauty products that they don’t want to receive.


Photo Credits: advantax.com

Photo credits: o5.com

FACE BASES (FOUNDATION, POWDER, CONCEALER)

It's not a great gift to give because 1.) The person you're giving it to might not be a fan of makeup 2.) You don't know their exact shade match 3.) They might be sensitive to makeup.



Photo credits: perfumezilla.com

PERFUME

Surprised? I expect to raise some eyebrows with this one, but let me explain in detail. A perfume is a very impressive gift, but the one you’re giving it to might not be fond of perfumes. On top of that, you don’t know their fragrance preference, unless you ask. There are also people who are allergic to perfumes, and you never know, the one you’re giving it to might be one of these people. Lastly, the overall scent of a perfume depends on a person’s body chemistry. Chances are, your gift may not go well with the recipient’s body chemistry, and it might end up smelling foul on them.

If you really want to give perfume as a gift, might as well take out the surprise factor in gift giving and ask the person you’re giving it to what particular perfume brand he/she likes. That way, no one gets disappointed in the end.


Photo Credits: bellenews.com

CONTACT LENS

Even if it’s cute like the ones in the picture, it is a NO-NO to give contact lens as gifts even if it’s as popular as Tangerine Tango. Eyes are sensitive, and people take their eye health seriously. Maybe if you’d give it to a Cosplayer, a person who has an eye defect, or someone who seems to change their eye color daily, they would appreciate it. But nah. Overall, it’s not a cool gift.


Photo credits: zoyahealth.blogspot.com

SKIN CARE PRODUCTS

People have their own preferences for skin care products. And if you give them a whole new and different skin care product, chances are, they might end up not using it because: 1.) They are loyal to their current brand 2.) They have sensitive skin 3.) They broke out with the same thing you’re giving them, and they don’t want to insult you by rejecting your gift 4.) They change brands every year (or further), and your gift will just end up being recycled.

Best thing to do if you want to give skin care products as a gift? Ask the recipient for his/her preferred skin care brand/product. It always works. (lol)


Photo credits: supplements.net

FOOD AND HEALTH SUPPLEMENTS

Not all people are into oral medications because they are very much aware that supplements may have side effects. It’s also not the best gift to give to an expecting woman. Different people have different body chemistries, and they will all react differently to a particular product. Health is something that people take seriously, and they will not risk it for the sake of trends. So if you think you’ll impress people by gifting them the newest and most potent slimming oral capsules to date, forget about it.


Do you want a Fashion Edition for this one? :)

Post a Comment

13 Comments

  1. I agree especially with the perfume. i received a lot of it but wasn't able to use some 'cos I don't like the smell kahit na sabihing imported kaya sayang lang talaga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true especially on the perfumes! I have very sensitive sense of smell probably because of my asthma and i cant stand floral scents. I remember a time in college when I got hospitalized for asthma caused by Polo Sport, my seatmates perfume! ;(

    Do the fashion edition please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree on you hun.. ^_^ lalo na pag mga foundation ang ibibigay as gift.. mamaya hindi para sa skin tone nya..

    i have received perfumes and colognes.. and i was thankful kasi nabibigyan ako (thankful din mga kapatid ko hehehe kasi nakikigamit din sila hehehe)

    hmmm.. skincare products.. i have received them also.. (pero si hubby ang mas nakikinabang lol) the vain hubby hahaha..

    thanks for sharing this hun.. i enjoyed reading this..

    mwuah!
    rhain

    ReplyDelete
  4. except for the contact lenses, I like all the above mentioned as a gift to me hahaha. but true items on the list you said. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i soooo agree with this martha especially the face bases. good thing no one gave me those as gift or else, i might just end up not using them.. and yes, i think a fashion edition for this would be very helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i never imagined that giving a perfume is unimpressive. good thing i never give out perfumes to friends, only family, since i know the brand they prefer and the scent too :)

    yeah, would love a fashion edition!! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. tala: thanks for sharing!

    cai: hey there! So true. My mother received a perfume from an officemate, and she had snuffles after sniffing it!

    rhaindropz: thanks for sharing dear :) Me, I don't like receiving skin care products. But if the gift is something from Kiehl's, I'd take it!

    magz13: I had a friend before who gave me a pair of contact lens. She said it's 'uso'. I don't care 'cos I dislike wearing contact lens :)

    carmi: true! that's why if people will give me gifts, they just ask me for what I want. I'm not after the surprise factor. i'm after the worth. But any gift given is a blessing though. :)

    Jakie: I was also surprised when my correspondents gave this answer! A perfume is a precious gift, and I think the person who wants to give it as a gift should be sure because perfumes are expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. agree especially sa perfume and skin products..lalo na ako kase iba talaga yung hanap kong scent sa perfume..mabilis akong ma irita pag di ko gusto yung amoy ng perfume ng iba..kaya yung boyfriend ko, he'd rather ask me kung anu yung gusto kong gift..kase sensitive yung skin ko kaya kaylangan, yung talagang compatible para saken ..:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree po :) Specially the number 1, it is hard nga naman to give someone a foundation,specially kung hindi match sa shade ng face nya. Baka mainsult pa yung bibigyan mo.And also, same with the contact lens, a friend of mine gave me a pair, which is actually a payment for the banner that i made for her computer shop, and i was so thankful for having them, but when i tried it, it really irritate my eyes and i was so disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Contact lens- Super duper agree! I remember the last time i received one as a gift.. Thankful ako for the effort and all but violet talaga dapat? Kaman! PS: she's one of my bestfriends by the way, so keri lang mag-inarte hehe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. grabe no, expensive pa naman, and it's a no-no pala... maybe you should do a further study of this since you are into perfumes. Title- (Perfumes for Christ:Santa says no)

    ReplyDelete
  12. same thing here.. agree with the points given..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christine DacanayMay 10, 2012 at 9:29 AM

    Surprisingly, i prefer people gifting me perfumes, cosmetics and skincare products. Given that they know or ask my shade. Or what products I prefer. Since I'm very transparent, most of my friends and family members know my preference. Even the boys do :D I remember most gifts I received from my debut are those being listed in your list. HAHAHA :)) and I was literally jumping for joy.

    For me kasi, it's easier to splurge on bags and clothes. But with cosmetics? Nah-uhh. My mom keeps on lecturing me about excessive spending on what she calls "kalandian" =)) She's not that kj nowadays though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)