Longchamp Le Pliage gets an exquisite makeover


I have a friend who has a sister living in Paris. According to her sister, Longchamp's Le Pliage bags are considered as "canvas bags" in Paris, meaning they're just common bags that people bring with them to stuff their groceries in.

But right now? I beg to differ. Our favorite multitasking bag has gotten brighter, better, and chic-er. Definitely not the bag where you'd want to put cold cuts and veggies in. :)


Photo Credits: longchamp.com

Description: (longchamp.com)

What ingenious design was inspired by the Japanese art of origami?
What miniature marvel expands to hold all your essentials and more?
What unisex accessory comes in new rainbow shades every season?
What is a must-have on every continent and for every generation?
What now comes in the softest, supplest leather you can imagine?

Le Pliage® by Longchamp!

Unbelievable, but true! Le Pliage®, Longchamp's cult folding bag, which in its canvas incarnation has sold more than 13 million worldwide since 1993, is now available in leather. In a feat of savoir-faire equalled only by the ingenuity of the original design, Longchamp has perfected a unique metis leather which is so amazingly soft, so incredibly supple, that it folds as neatly as the legendary nylon canvas. Just as functional, even more fashionable, Le Pliage® Cuir is both reassuringly similar to the original design – witness the flap embossed with the Longchamp racehorse, the sturdy double handle, the signature zipper pull – and refreshingly different.



Photo Credits: longchamp.com

I am officially drooling right now!


Photo Credits: shadesandscarf.com

It's still our well- loved foldable, tote-able, and handy bag, but in brighter colors and Metis leather. Metis means "mixed race". I'm not really sure where this leather came from, but methinks that it's a combination of various animal derived leather--but I could be wrong. Metis leather is ultra soft yet hard- wearing, meaning your Cuir Le Pliage will stay strong no matter how many times you fold and unfold it. Sizes are still the same: Small Short and Long Handle, Medium Short and Long Handle, Large Short and Long Handle, and travel sizes. It has For Men versions too! :D

I officially want one--especially that hot orange color. Price is a little steep though since we're already talking about an all- leather Le Pliage. If converted to Philippine Peso, it's a little over P20,000.00 for the Medium Short Handle. Price varies depending on sizes.

ADDENDUM: I just bought one yesterday, (Got the exact color I want. Orange! Yay! :)) and the Care Card says the bag is made of Lamb Leather (Body), Cowhide Leather (Handles), and textile- lined interior. :)

How about you? Will you buy Longchamp's Cuir Le Pliage bags? :)

Post a Comment

13 Comments

  1. Ooooh! This will be fantastic as an overnight bag! I'm officially in love with it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agreed that it's pretty amazing! i will consider this after getting the promotion.. cross fingers :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree that this is really pretty awesome! but i will consider buying this after getting the promotion..i'm quite a thrifty person and june is fast approaching..every girl would surely love to have this one

    ReplyDelete
  4. i didn't like longchamp until a friend gifted me my first le pliage. right now, I sooo LOVE it. It's light, roomy and chic. with regard to the new le pliage, it looks light and it's still foldable even if it's made of leather. would love to have one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. jill: true! it's a cool city bag that I think i'll never get tired of using. :D

    blogchef: when i had my first long champ, I got so hooked on them. so fashionable and useful! :)

    alpha: yes, june is near, and my birthday is here! haha. Gotta keep my fingers crossed and pray that some kind soul will gift me with this one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, hanggang pangarap ko nalang yata sila. hehe pero how much po ba Ms.martha the LongChamp Le Pliage?

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow. orange. just in time for the summer!

    #envy


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 20k for a bag =( hay.. dami ko nang guess bag na nabili nun hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! they are so pretty! love the colors! hope i have the budget, hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. those colors are lovable! I have three longchamps (all padala from abroad) and I love how all of them complemented my style, whether it be casual or corporate. It's comfy to use and all of my kikay stuff fit well in it..walang bumps. But i will never forget how one of my babies got stolen on an ASH WEDNESDAY, in Quiapo. :/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christine DacanayMay 10, 2012 at 8:53 AM

    ooh pricey! but they're really functional and stylish. :) the colors are bright and pretty too

    ReplyDelete
  12. I honestly like this one better than the first LongChamp design, I just felt like when I use it I feel like a mom going shopping or something. Other people can rock it though, just, not me...Boohoo anyway I love that it's leather and the colors!! Love Love Love.

    From Manila with Love!

    ReplyDelete

  13. Like this one, I now want to buy a Handbag,Longchamp Cosmetic Bagliked, but I do not know that a goodpick ,you help to the point.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)