In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: 5 Blushes For Non-Blush Wearers
Anybody here who's doing school already? How was it? Hope everything's doing well for you so far. :) Btw, I will post a pretty helpful article/quiz that you can use to determine the beauty products that you should be buying for the incoming school year. Watch out for that! :)
Anyway, I'm gonna talk about blush today and the question is from Alen:
Blush is not part of my everyday makeup routine and I usually wear loud/bold/dark red lips. Lately, I’ve been obsessed with contouring because I find that it doesn’t clash with my bold lips. However, I find that not using blush feels like my look is somewhat incomplete. I tried using a rosy blush with light hands, but I feel the result is too much.
Can you recommend a neutral blush that can somewhat give a natural flush without it being too loud since I use bold colors a lot. I find that cool colors complement me more than warm does. Any help will be appreciated.
Photo Credit: top10inaction.com
Thanks for the question. I feel you when you said that you feel incomplete when you're not wearing blush. Blush is such a wonderful makeup product and it's a difference maker for your look. Also, like you, I'm into vampy lip colors!
You can actually sport blush and lip color at the same time without looking like a clown-just choose to play up one makeup and tone down the other one.
As for your request, here's a list of my favorite natural- looking blushes. Click READ MORE. ;)
- This favorite blush of mine from Benefit is a brilliant mix of highlighter and blush in a Rose Gold hue and satiny texture. When it's on the cheeks, it looks like the glow you get after watching your favorite band or singer!
My top 4 after the jump!
- This blush is true to its name: it delivers melting color that does not sit on top of the cheeks. If you're into matte finish, but you prefer a natural- looking one, you'll find what you're looking for in this line. ;)
- Chanel's silky, soft, precious powder blush is the undisputed, most natural- looking blush ever made on earth. It's a blush-but-not-a-blush kind of product because it amplifies your natural flush, but manages to look VERY natural even if you layer it on.
5. Max Factor Creme Puff Blush
- I consider this lovely collection of baked blushes as my drugstore dupe for Chanel Joues Contraste. Don't wanna spoil the review so that's all for now heehee. :D
- For budget beauties, Canmake's Glow Fleur Cheeks will give you that barely there coverage. It actually makes you look blooming! :)
Happy Friday y'all! :D
**Got a burning question about makeups, skin care products, beauty, dieting, and health tips, relationships, and whatever? Just send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or shoot 'em up at The Beauty Junkee's FB Fan Page via the MESSAGE button and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. (Please, do not send me Math- related queries. :D)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.