In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: Best Liquid Matte Lipsticks
Happy Friday y'all!
I have a confession to make.
I've been having this insatiable appetite to try every new liquid lipstick I see, most especially if they're indie or never- heard-of brands, at least locally. I've acquired a couple from some indie brands namely Jouer and Caked Co., and I'll be reviewing them real soon!
Our FMF for today is related to my obsession that's why I'm so excited to answer it! Question is from Amor:
Liquid matte lipsticks are so in trend lately. Can you recommend good brands?
Thanks for this question! I'm transitioning to liquid matte lipsticks too and I think it's not a good one for my wallet haha! But heck, this should be fun; I'm out and about, exploring different brands again! So far, here are the ones that I've tried and liked.
- By far, Jeffree has the best liquid lipstick formula for me: it's very pigmented, staying power is superb, it hugs the lips nicely, and most importantly, it does not dry out my lips. I am loving the unique root beer scent too.
- This creamy liquid lipstick is a master in pigmentation and I love its lip plumping effect.
- OFRA is an underrated liquid lipstick brand, at least locally, and let me tell you that they have a pretty good formula! Quality is great, staying power is very good, and it feels like the nice kind of matte on the lips.
- Pink Sugar's liquid lipstick isn't exactly liquid, but mousse. It's affordable, but surprisingly good; formula doesn't dry out my lips!
- Happy Skin's one of the first local makeup brands to produce a liquid matte lipstick under the Glam Squad collection. It is very pigmented, a true liquid lipstick in terms of consistency, and staying power is amazing; it just tends to dry out my lips and settle into fine lines on some days, but generally, formula is good.
- One of the first- ever liquid matte lipsticks! NYX Soft Lip Cream yields a nice, soft matte finish; it's matte for those who are intimidated by bold, flat mattes.
- Sleek Matte Me, an instant hit in the Philippines the first time the brand launched here, is one of the very affordable but very good liquid matte lipsticks around. Of course, you gotta try Birthday Suit!
That's all! Will be creating a new list once I get my hands on my upcoming orders! :)
**Got a burning question on makeup, skin care, fragrance, fitness, diet, blogging, love, relationships, or whatever? Email me at email@example.com, message me via POWR form, or send me a message via THE BEAUTY JUNKEE's Facebook fan page.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.