FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: Are Sheet Masks really important?


Hello loves! I am inviting you all to a beauty workshop this Sunday, October 14, 2018, 2PM, at SM Makati Beauty Playground. This is a workshop with Pink Sugar and I'm doing my sought after Billion Dollar Brow and Flawless Foundation techniques workshop! This is actually a workshop for the members of The Beauty Junkees Unite, a beauty Facebook group under me, but the makeovers, workshop, and promos are open to everyone who wants to drop by to learn and shop! Exclusive promos are BOGO on Pink Sugar lipsticks, Face Bundle of foundation, concealer, and powder for P599 only, and free brow gel for every brow kit purchase. I hope to see you all!

Our FMF for today is from Reneé and she's asking if sheet masks are really necessary in every skin care routine:

Hi Ms. Martha!
Call me the type who's always skeptic when it comes to beauty recommendations; I make sure to read a lot of reviews before I purchase. I noticed lately that sheet masks are all the rage in skin care nowadays, but I really want to know: are they THAT important? Appreciate your input!
Reneé


Hello Reneé!

Thanks for the question. I'm a sheet mask lover; I have incorporated it in my routine 3 years ago because I personally love my experience with the product. But are they really important? To be honest, they are not, but they can help.


I think one reason why sheet mask seems to be a very important inclusion in every skin care routine is due to the fact that K-Beauty is a very popular skin care concept nowadays; you know how people respond to trends. Also, the Koreans' smooth, transparent, super healthy- looking skin remains to be a coveted skin condition that everyone aspires to; so it seems like everything Koreans do that's related to beauty, everyone wants to follow thinking that it will help them achieve great skin.

What's in a sheet mask, anyway? It's a combination of all your skin care in an essence. It's basically your toner, moisturizer, eye cream, and serum in essence form that you slap on your face in one go; it just cuts down your entire skin care routine. If you are diligent enough to apply all these individual products on your skin, then there's no need to use a sheet mask because by then, you will just repeat the same process.

I think the importance of sheet mask usage is entirely up to you; some love it and do it for the additional benefits, the experience of having a skin ritual, to pledge their allegiance to anything Korean, and some are just plain curious. For me, I use sheet mask because I like the spa- like experience plus the mask gives my skin enough time to absorb the skin care I have just put on my face-I'm really after the mask, not so much the essence because I don't slack on skin care; but to say that they are can't-live-withouts is a bit pushing it yet I can say that they help in their own little way.

**Got a burning question on beauty, makeup, skin care, fragrance, blogging, fitness, marriage, or anything in between? Message me via contact form, email me at martha.stabarbara@yahoo.com, or message me at THE BEAUTY JUNKEE OFFICIAL FACEBOOK FAN PAGE.

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. Me and my husband are sheet masks lover������.And now its Friday,its sheet masks day!.
    Our "we time" after the kids went to bed already.and have coffee while talking with each others memories������

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have tried sheet masks..its like moisturizer for me..i love foodaholic in pomegrenate..its like anti-wrinkle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love sheet masks! I keep a big stash at home but I do not have a definite schedule of putting it on. I use one when I feel like it LOL. So maybe for me it is also some kind of pampering myself whenever I use one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)