Luxury Beauty Products that Didn't work for me

I got inspired to write this article after my recent makeup spring cleaning, which I do twice a year. I realized that I have a couple of luxury beauty products in the bin; makes me wish I didn't buy them in the first place.

Now here's a list of luxury beauty products that didn't work for me; that I wish I didn't buy or how I wish I knew that they won't eventually work for me...so I could've bought something else or saved my money.



- I follow Pat McGrath on Instagram a lot and before Fetisheyes was launched, she was promoting it heavily (duh); all the videos she's made made me look forward to this mascara a lot and when I finally tried it, I was underwhelemed, to say the least. It's an expensive mascara that gives okay volume and may end up looking clumpy if you have thin, sparse lashes.


- I said in THIS BLOG POST that this is one of the products that deserve a second chance; I found a way to work it, but overall, this is something that I wish I didn't buy and will not recommend because it's a freakin' expensive powder foundation that doesn't do what it says at all; also, for a powder foundation this expensive, I would expect that I don't have to do all sorts of remedy to make it work. Besides, it's a powder foundation; it's supposed to have better sebum tolerance compared to other foundation formulas so why the heck does it need to be set with a traditional primer and powder primer just to work?!


- This thing is just okay; nice coverage on top of foundation, but on its own, it was meh. It works more like a cream highlighter more than a concealer.


- It looks grainy on the skin. That is all.


- A setting powder that has poor oil control. I've only had luck with KVD's Lock It liquid foundation and concealer.


- This was once one of the highly raved liquid foundations by beauty vloggers, even the local ones. Unfortunately, while the coverage is amazing, it's patchy AF and doesn't suit very warm climate such as ours.

Do you agree with my list? Which luxury beauty products did not work for you?

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. I agree with the one on Marc Jacobs. Some local users have also claimed the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6. MARC JACOBS REMARCABLE FOUNDATION - This made me realize that not all make-up are meant for PH climate and I have to be careful on choosing based on what works for our climate.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)