Seasons change, therefore it is only logical to change the contents of my makeup kit! Well, that's just me because you know, I'm really all about beauty, makeup, and skin care.
You might be wondering: is it really necessary to tune your makeup kit to each season? My honest answer would be yes because seasons have different temperatures and conditions. Your skin behaves differently depending on the season. Therefore, you need different sets of products to help your skin weather each season.
That said, I'm sharing my makeup kit, summer edition to inspire your own beauty arsenal and to give you an idea of the standard beauty products that you should take with you everyday and in this season. Click READ MORE now.
1. Eyelash Curler- This thing has always been a mainstay in my makeup kit-I have it with me always no matter the season! It's also nice to have during summer to open up your eyes even without wearing that sometimes thick, heavy thing called mascara. :p
2. Oil Blotting Sheets- This one's non- negotiable if you have combination oily/normal and most especially, oily skin. I rarely retouch my powder in this kind of weather so an oil- blotting sheet is a must- have for me.
3. Lip And Cheek Tint- Sometimes, I dislike wearing lipstick during summertime because it always makes me feel like there's a glob of wax on top of my lips and makes me feel uncomfortably warm all over. Lip and Cheek tint is my summer alternative to lipstick because it colors my lips without the heavy feeling.
4. Pressed Powder- I always bring a light- textured pressed powder to retouch my makeup and my go-to summer pressed powder has always been Estēe Lauder Invisible Powder because it gives me good coverage, but manages to stay invisible and weightless on my skin.
5. A Satin Lipstick- If I really need to wear lipstick, I go for the ones with a Satin finish because of the moisturizing factor. All this heat can really dry up the skin including the lips so 'round the clock moisture is a must.
6. Atopiclair Cream- Because 'tis the season for Atopic Dermatitis for me! My AD is oftentimes triggered by sweat and heat, and Atopiclair alleviates the itch for me. I also use it to moisturize my knees and elbows.
7. Avène Eau Thermale Spring Water- This miracle water is for relieving my Atopic Dermatitis and hydrating and freshening up my skin. I prefer this brand of facial water because it's very gentle and has healing properties (read my review HERE). If you're frugal and don't see the point in spending on branded water, a water- filled atomizer or something affordable like Evian will do. ;)
8. Anti-Mosquito Lotion- The worst part about summer is it's the time when mosquitoes breed like crazy. Unfortunately, mosquitos love me and this is why an anti-mosquito lotion is a must for me not only during summer, but all the time, too!
9. A Multi-Purpose Balm- I always have a multi-purpose balm with me like Lucas Papaw or Coco Island to remedy insect bites, cuts, dryness, and basically for any incident that requires a multi- purpose balm. ;)
10. Hand Cream- May we not forget that our hands have skin and they require attention too. I bring hand creams with me all the time because I can't stand the feeling of having dry hands.
11. A travel comb- to make me look primped at all times. ;)
12. Toothpaste and Toothbrush- Some things to keep my pearly whites white and breath fresh.
Please disregard the pen, USB, and Swiss Army Knife-I just don't know where to put them in my bag so I put them in my makeup kit. :D
THE BEAUTY JUNKEE ASKS: Do you think we need to have seasonal makeup kits? Which beauty products are your makeup kit mainstays during summer?
Join my 6th Anniversary MEGA Thanksgiving Giveaway (Open to local and international readers). Bigger prizes await 12 winners. Over 200k worth of beauty products and treatments to be won! Click HERE to join! ;)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.