In: ANTIPODES BEAUTY BUZZ BURT'S BEES KIEHL'S LEADERS ORIGINS THE BODY SHOP TONY MOLY YADAH YVES ROCHER ZENUTRIENTS
10 Plant- Based Skin Care Brands That Are Worth Trying
For centuries, (Wo)Man has relied on the power of plants to address ailments, minor or major. I'm staying true to my roots by opting for plant- based skin care 90% of the time and these are my favorites; When it comes to plant- based skin care, these are the most effective ones for me and I'd love to share them with you.
The Good: certified organic, gentle, made with extracts from New Zealand's finest plants
- Antipodes is an entry- premium range of all- natural, all- organic skin care products that are great for sensitive skin. It's also an environment- friendly brand so it's perfect for green- minded (the wholesome kind of green mindedness) people.
2. Burt's Bees
The Good: Promotes Bee Love, 90-99% all- natural
My Fave: Burt's Bees Anti-Blemish Solutions Pore Refining Scrub
- Burt's Bees is one of the timeless skin care brands made by Burt Shavitz (God bless his soul). Aside from promoting natural, cruelty- free beauty, Burt's Bees champions the preservation of Bees and colonies so every time you use a BB product, you're helping preserve one of Earth's precious yet endangered species.
The Good: Scientifically- proven, harnesses the power of plants; an authority in skin care
- Kiehl's marries science and nature with sophisticated techniques guided by an age- old skin care wisdom that spans over a hundred years. This is one of my HG skin care lines because their products work for me 95% of the time!
4. Leaders Insolution
The Good: Rich, free from Mineral Oil and Parabens
My Fave: Leaders Insolution Coconut Bio Masks
- Leaders is a very good brand of facial masks because it's very affordable, but they did not cut back on the ingredients, making the products effective.
The Good: uses the best plants, driven by research, socially and environmentally responsible
- Origins is a classic favorite of mine and I'm so happy that they're finally back in the Philippines! What made me love this line is that their products are effective and no- nonsense.
6. The Body Shop
The Good: Ethical, Natural, environmentally and socially- conscious
My Fave: Body Care lines
- I don't know about the others, but The Body Shop is a household brand for me and my family. We're a bunch of fragrance lovers and The Body Shop's products, especially the Body Care lines, are right up our alley. More things to love about this brand are: 1. They have a wide selection of products that cater to each skin type and concern. 2. They continually prove that cosmetics don't have to harm the planet and we can all make a difference in our own, little ways.
7. Tony Moly
The Good: Funky, affordable, effective
My Fave: Tony Moly Floria Nutra-Energy Toner
- Tony Moly is an underrated brand, but the world has to know that they have great skin care products that will fit any budget. If you're looking for a Korean brand that has effective skin care products, I will recommend Tony Moly. Tried and tested by yours truly!
8. Yadah Anti-T Line
The Good: Affordable, targeted products
My Fave: Yadah Anti-T Bubble Cleanser
- Yadah is surprisingly an affordable brand and you can find it in Beauty Bar. You don't have to look far if you're looking for a gentle, all- natural, SUPER affordable brand that will target skin problems such as acne, oiliness, and enlarged pores.
9. Yves Rocher
The Good: family- owned and run, produces and manufactures their own products, affordable
My Face: Yves Rocher Pure System
- Here's another brand who knows how to harness the power of nature. Yves Rocher is a the first brand that made me fall in love with French Skin Care and their Pure System still remains as one of the best anti- blemish lines for me. :)
The Good: Proudly Pinoy, affordable, all- organic
- This honest, wholesome brand is made with minimal ingredients, which makes it good in times when you want to simplify your skin care routine. Zenutrients, to me, is one of the organic brands with pretty good and effective skin care products.
So which of these brands would you like to try? What are your favorite plant- based, all- natural skin care brands/products?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.