Ever Bilena Matte Matic Lipstick and Matte Nudes Review: Everyday, affordable nudes

Ever Bilena Matte Matic Lipstick and Matte Nudes review.

PRICE: Matte Nudes- P165.00; Matte Matic- P180.00
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in leading department stores, drugstores, and supermarkets

THE VERDICT:

Nude is the new red and it's very much evident in all the lipstick releases we've been seeing lately, like Ever Bilena. I've nothing against that though! I love nude as well as neutrals because they're staple colors, not to mention so easy to wear anytime and with anything!

Ever Bilena releases an army of nudes lately called Matte Nudes and Matte Matic lipstick, two different lipstick collections great for those who like it soft matte or creamy matte. Welcome to a swatch party!


Ever Bilena Matte Nudes consists of 6 lipsticks in a matte finish; infused with moisturizers and antioxidants for a smooth, matte pout.

Product comes in a new packaging; it's quite similar to Maybelline's Color Sensational and Max Facto's Color Elixir lipsticks. At least Ever Bilena is stepping up their packaging!

Matte Nudes is not completely a line of nude lipsticks though because there are neutrals. The lipsticks are virtually unscented and are pretty pigmented; just one swipe was all it took for me to get that color payoff on the swatch photo. Finish is semi- matte. I find the nude shades a bit off for my skin tone; maybe because their general undertone is neutral; I'm better off with the warmer shades. Don't expect great staying power from this product; it's something that needs to be retouched completely after a meal. I also find that it highlights lines and dry areas so moisturize before use.

Check out the lip swatches of Matte Nudes:

1. CARAMELLO

- Peachy beige. I was expecting this to have a bit more Peach to it though. Looks like it will suit fairer skin tones more.

2. BACI

- Nude peach. Ah, this one, I'll leave to fairer skin tones.

3. FIA

- Midtone peach with a hint of pink. Great everyday shade; medium skin tones will benefit from this shae.

4. DOLCE

- Dusty mauve. Shade doesn't look good on yellow undertone. It looks ashy. Sorry. :(

5. AMORE

- Muted pastel pink. Not a big fan of this shade or any pastel pink in general. It just washes me out and makes my skin tone appear a bit grayish.

6. BELLISSIMA

- Wine with brown undertone. Ah there, something that suits me! This is a good night out shade!

Lip Define Matte Matic lipstick is a collection of 6 crayon lipsticks in a matte, moisturizing finish. The actual packaging is not only minimalist cool, but also functional; they come in shades that represent the actual shade of the lipstick so no more guessing.

Texture is creamy matte; in fact, this one feels and looks more matte than Matte Nudes; I also like the soft focus matte finish of the lipsticks. Also, they're superbly pigmented (no patchiness!), feel like a matte lip balm, don't dry the lips, don't highlight dry areas, and stay significantly longer on than Matte Nudes. It is unscented.

Check out the swatches of Lip Define Matte Matic lipsticks:

1. BUFF BROWN

- Nude with a taupe undertone. This is a pretty unique shade, although it makes teeth look a lil' yellowish so I top it with a rosy matte lipstick to counteract this effect.

2. NEUTRAL MOCHA

- Light brown with taupe. A nice nude for medium and morena skin tones.

3. DUSKY ROSE

- Rose with a brown undertone. Great for corporate wear and for warm skin tones; love the sexy vibe of this rose shade!

4. EXPOSED NUDE

- Peachy nude. It will look better on fairer skin tones.

5. STARK MAUVE

- Red mauve. A warm, cozy red that will look good on any skin tone.

6. RAW BURGUNDY

- Warm rose with red undertone. A pretty holiday neutral shade; I bet this will look good with rose gold eye makeup!

Between Matte Nudes and Lip Define Matte Matic lipsticks, I prefer the latter because packaging is convenient and functional, and quality is definitely a notch above their regular line-it's actually a good dupe for Happy Skin's Shut Up and Kiss Me Moisturizing Lipsticks. I wish more shades will come out soon!

Which of these shades would you like to try?

EVER BILENA MATTE NUDES AND LIP DEFINE MATTE MATIC LIPSTICKS RATING

Please visit EVER BILENA on Facebook for more information about these products.

Post a Comment

9 Comments

  1. Looks promising! Wow, will definitely try the matte matic lippies. :) Love the color of dusky rose :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caramello, Basi and Fia are my bet! Grabe ang si EB, nakakabilib.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mas bet ko po ung lip define matte matic. Reminds me also so much of happy skin's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dusky rose me like it.. though I notice that on swatch on their store all those on matye nudes seems make me look sick lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think mas bagay lahat sayo ung crayon type..Gumaganda ka lalo..me too nkkrelate ako may mga shades ng lippies na parang umiitim ako..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this nice review! I’ve been eyeing Stark mauve and exposed nude for sometime now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love the way you honestly shared your thougjts about the products and you showed it nicely. For this one, I love the DUSKY ROSE from Lip Define Matte Matic Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Caramelo on you! Thanks for sharing your honest take on these!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)