In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: Good Liquid Foundation for Weddings
Aside from Christmas, a lot of people look forward to December because it is also known as the Wedding Season in the Philippines-I've been seeing SO MUCH engagement photos, pre-nup photos, and actual wedding stills on my social media accounts lately! In fact, I've been receiving a couple of queries relating to wedding- friendly makeup and looks these past few weeks, and here's one from Camille:
Can you recommend a good liquid foundation for weddings? and a good moisturizer? I'm the maid of honor kasi. Is the My skin type is oily & acne prone with scars on my cheeks and I do have peeling skin from acne meds. I am morena so I need a wide range of shades because I want to match my skin tone perfectly. I think I can splurge this time thanks!
Great question! A great base is indeed important in any wedding, whether you're the bride or a guest so you can look your very best in all photos and from sun up to sun down.
What are my categories in choosing the right foundation for weddings?
1. Coverage should be medium to heavy. It is inevitable that foundation will fade on any skin type due to a lot of factors such as sebum, sweat, heat, and other skin issues (e.g. acidic skin) so this is why I use a foundation with slightly thicker and heavier coverage for weddings so there will still be some coverage left on my skin at the end of the day.
2. Formula should be any of the two: Matte or long- wearing/long-lasting.
3. Consistency should be creamy or formula should at least be infused with moisturizing ingredients so my face won't turn dry during wear.
Now here's the fun part: My recommendations! Click READ MORE for that! :D
- Probably one of the longest- wearing drugstore foundations I have ever tried, plus coverage is VERY GOOD too!
- A Hollywood favorite! If you're not buying my 'slightly thick and heavy' foundation reco, there are always pro foundations out there that are sheer and lightweight such as Koh Gen Do. This foundation feels like BB Cream, but it can withstand sweat, oil, and humidity because it's built for Film and Television!
Raise the bar of your liquid foundation skills with my guide on How To Apply Liquid Foundation…FLAWLESSLY!
- On special occasions, I always find myself reaching for this foundation because it has this 'awakening' effect to the skin, coverage is great, and consistency is moisturizing. Oh, wear time is great too. :)
- Again, if you're not into heavy foundations, HD foundations are a must- try for you and Make Up For Ever is one good brand.
- Want a long- wearing foundation with a breathable finish? Then I would recommend this one from Bobbi Brown! It's great for super oily skin because it's long- wearing yet oil- free. :)
MAC Full Coverage Foundation
- A cream foundation that doesn't look and feel like one at all! To date, this is the only traditional cream foundation I like. However, it is not available locally, but one great alternative from MAC would be the Studio Fix Liquid Foundation.
That's all and enjoy your wedding! :D
**Got a burning question about makeups, skin care products, beauty, dieting, and health tips, relationships, and whatever? Just send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or shoot 'em up at The Beauty Junkee's FB Fan Page via the MESSAGE button and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. (Please, do not send me Math- related queries. :D)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.