In: BEAUTY BUZZ
5 Sound Reasons To Use An Eye Cream + 5 Great Eye Creams
Photo Credit: off-stage-right.com
I'm a self- confessed Eye Cream freak and I am not ashamed of it-I think Eye Cream is one of the most important beauty products next to lipstick for me!
How long have I been using eye cream? Hmmm...around 4 years perhaps, and that is consistent! A lot may say that an eye cream is just an extra expense that one can skip or a marketing ploy of brands, but based on experience, the skin can really benefit from eye cream (provided that it is good) and the habit. (I've photos below! :D)
I'm sharing five good reasons why you should start the eye cream habit now, plus my favorite eye creams after the break.
Photo Credit: wisegeek.com
1. Combat the signs of aging
- Your age will show on your hands, neck, and guess what? Your eyes! If not moisturized, hydrated, and cared for properly with an eye cream, your eyes may age faster or exhibit signs of aging more prominently than others. Using an eye cream is one of the ways to aging gracefully!
2. Makes concealer application much easier
- A moisturizing eye cream, if used religiously and for a period of time, will make your primping time faster and easier, and will give you a no- sweat, flawless and smooth concealer finish-always.
3. One of the keys to getting uniform skin tone
- Droopy, dark, puffy under eye skin or orbital eye area cast a nasty shadow down your cheeks and simply give your face a different tone, making your entire complexion look uneven. If you get rid of this with the help of lightening and wrinkle- minimizing eye creams, your face will look more radiant, fresher, and younger even without a highlighter! :)
Photo Credit: youbeauty.com
4. Protects your skin from sun damage and dryness
- The skin on your under eyes experience dryness and is vulnerable to sun damage too. For daytime, look for an eye cream that has hydrating properties and SPF as well.
Photo Credit: boldconfidence.blogspot.com
5. It's a good habit
- Great skin, aside from using great products, is a result of a great skin care habit. A great skin care habit is caring from the most prominent part of the face such as the cheeks down to the easily forgotten parts such as the under eye area. When you think about it, this habit can also have a positive effect on the other parts of your life as it teaches you the value of discipline and perseverance! ;)
By now, I hope you're more than convinced to start using eye creams. When's the best time to start using an eye cream? I say when you are in your mid-20's or when you have dry skin, a skin type that is prone to accelerated aging. If you have no wrinkles to deal with, a moisturizing, SPF- infused eye cream should do the trick! Always remember to use the eye cream that is well- suited to your under eye needs and concern.
Here are my five favorite eye creams:
Do you have any Eye Cream- related questions for me? Let me know and I shall answer them below. :)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.