In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: 10 Best Toners for Oily and Troubled Skin
Well, January's almost over. Can you believe that? How was your first month of the year I hope it was awesome for everyone.
I digress. Time for a little toning today! Over the years, I have come to appreciate---no, make that LOVE toner because I have seen and felt what it really does and that is to make sure that no dirt is left on your skin. If facial foam is the broom, toner is the vacuum cleaner-you use the latter to be 100% sure that you're going to sleep on a really clean face. This is the reason why I'm excited for today's FMF courtesy of Evey!
Happy New Year.
I know you’ve tried several toners for acne prone skin at different price ranges. Would you be kind enough to share affordable toners for acne prone skin?
Thank you very much.
Photo Credit: stylecraze.com
Happy New Year too! I love your question!
To be honest, I haven't tried a lot of affordable toners because personally, the ones I love using come at a premium price and when I love something, I do not go astray. I purchase toners (and skin care products in general) based on efficacy and, well, a little consideration for the price, but I'm not the type who will skimp on great skin care even if they come at a great price (Insert hashtag #WorkHard). I'm not bragging though-this is just my philosophy!
That said, I am listing down my top ten favorite toners for oily and troubled skin instead, ranging from affordable, mid-priced, and premium. Click READ MORE for the list!
Photo Credits: bayanmall.com
1. Pond's Acne Solution Toner
- Best for troubled skin, this cooling toner covers your skin with Salicylic Acid yet without the sting and burn to rid your pores of acne- causing bacteria.
- Another great toner for troubled skin, but this time, it uses Bee Venom in lieu of Salicylic Acid. It's gentle and yields minimal to no sting to the skin. Just make sure you're not allergic to Bee- derived products before trying it out!
- Oily- skinned people oftentimes have large pores, which contributes to an even oilier skin and this pore minimizing toner from Snoe tightens pores, making skin appear soft, fresh, and less oilier.
- One of my favorite toners to date! Not only does it work great as a toner, it's an effective makeup remover as well. I prefer using it as a toner though, especially the Sébium variant. This product has helped keep breakouts at bay!
5. Tony Moly Floria Nutra- Energy Toner
- Recent studies have shown that pimples are not only caused by dirt and oil, but dehydration as well. Using alcohol- based toners is okay, but without proper moisturization, it can turn against you by dehydrating your skin and allowing breakouts to happen. Similarly, excessive oil production is another manifestation of dehydrated skin! Oily and acne- prone gals can use a little help from moisturizing toners and my recent favorite is Tony Moly Floria Nutra-Energy Toner-it's a hydrating toner that contains Argan Oil, a lovely skin conditioner.
- Cucumber is a great antibacterial ingredient and it imparts a nice, refreshing sensation to the skin as well. My favorite is Mario Badescu's Special Cucumber Lotion because it's gentle, gives me that preferred matte look, and my pores just feel really clean after using this product.
Photo Credit: clinique.com
- One of the first products that turned me into a Toner Zealot. This tried and tested toner brand helps acne- ridden skin recover faster!
Photo Credit: nordstrom.com
- When there's an outbreak on my face, I turn to this extra strength toner and it doesn't disappoint!
- This product from Shiseido's modern line for girls in their 20's reawakens dull skin, making it look and feel softer, smoother, and healthier once more.
- This mist is great for those who want to re-awaken their glow and banish discolorations caused by Acne. It's a very nutritious toner that fortifies skin with lots of minerals, resulting to skin that is bright, clearer, and healthy.
I saw this question coming: Which are your top five favorites? Here you go:
1. Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3
2. Mario Badescu Special Cucumber Lotion
3. Bioderma Micellar Water Sébium
4. Snoe Awesome Poresome Minimizing and Clarifying Tonic
5. Belo Essentials AcnePro Toner
Let's make it top three:
1. Mario Badescu Special Cucumber Lotion
2. Snoe Awesome Poresome Minimizing and Clarifying Tonic
3. Bioderma Micellar Water Sébium
How about just one?
BIODERMA MICELLAR WATER SÉBIUM!
To view the prices and detailed reviews of these products, just click on the names of the products.
Hope you found this post helpful! Share with me your favorite toners in the comments section!
**Got a burning question about makeups, skin care products, beauty, dieting, and health tips, relationships, and whatever? Just send them to email@example.com or shoot 'em up at The Beauty Junkee's FB Fan Page via the MESSAGE button and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. (Please, do not send me Math- related queries. :D)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.