In: BEAUTY BATTLES: PRODUCT COMPARISON FOTD HOW TO JOB INTERVIEW MAKEUP HOW TO'S: BEAUTY AND FASHION TIPS
Job Interview Makeup: Spend and Save+Job Interview Beauty and Fashion Tips
Graduates of class 2013, congratulations for making it this far and welcome to the real world! I hope you have enjoyed your summer. Believe me, I hate to burst your bubble, but I just have to tell you the truth here: Break is over and you now have your first task as a real adult and that is to (drumroll please) FIND A JOB! I understand that you still want to savor your freedom and that's okay! However, if you don't speed up, you'll be left behind in this crazy rat race so start early, be successful early, and retire early! Oh, that's just life-it could get so extreme and demanding most of the time, but it's always fun! :)
Now before you dream of receiving that golden paycheck with your two, excited hands, you have to dream of passing the job interview first. The operative word in job interviews? IMPRESS. If you're not afraid of the questions, then good, but you must look damn fine physically so when you enter that door, the HR will immediately think that you're the manager he/she's looking for!
The fashion part, we'll discuss that later. I'm going to tackle first what I'm good at and that's makeup. Here's my version of the Job Interview makeup: It's very clean and simple, and the eyes and lips-the features that the interviewer will always stare at during the entire interview-are elegantly highlighted. I chose Red lipstick because it's a symbol of power and class, aside from the fact that this color makes me feel good and confident. I would highly suggest that you choose a lip color that makes you feel good.
The looks in the two photos are very much the same, except that one costs P16,245.00+ and the other, P3,714.00. Can you tell which is the Spend and Save look? Click READ MORE and find out!
Clinique Perfectly Real Foundation- P1,750.00
Bobbi Brown Retouching Powder- P3,200.00
Bobbi Brown Luxe Eye Palette- P3,200.00
MAC Lipstick (Russian Red)- P1,000.00
Benefit Fake Up Concealer- P1,300.00
Urban Decay Primer Potion- Around P1,500.00+ for a full- sized version
MAC Fluidline Brow Gelcreme- P1,150.00
Fairy Drop Volume Burst Mascara- P950.00
K-Palette Real Lasting Eyeliner- P895.00
BYS Complete Coverage Foundation- Around P600.00+
ArtDeco Eyeshadow Base- P450.00
Etude House Surprise Concealer Palette- P298.00
Maybelline Blush 'Em Powder Blush- P399.00
Maybelline Hypersharp Eyeliner- P399.00
BYS Brow Pencil- Around P300.00
BYS Matte Lipstick- P229.00
Maybelline Hypercurl Mascara- P250.00
Now before you go to your job interview, I'll be like your mom here and leave you with these important beauty and fashion tips:
1. Wear clothes that aren't too loose so you won't look too casual, and aren't too tight so you won't look uncomfortable.
2. If you have long hair, pull it up in a sleek pony because neat hair spells PROFESSIONALISM. If you have short hair, apply a setting product that will keep kinks in place.
3. Neutral eyeshadow colors are the safest because if you go for black, you'll come off too strong and if you go for colorful shades, you'll weird out the interviewer.
4. Nothing looks more formal than a polo shirt, pencil skirt/well- fitting slacks, and black shoes. Don't go for revealing tops and skimpy bottoms. The way you dress will give them the impression how serious you are on getting the job. (or not)
5. Don't attempt to color- block. You're not applying for a fashion blogger position. This is an office.
6. Accessorize. Don't excessorize.
7. Make sure your digits are clean. If you have chipped polish, run to a convenience store and remove them! Don't forget to slather on hand lotion for healthy- looking hands.
8. Stilettos are cool, but in the office, they prefer kitten- wedge heels. Again, you're not applying for a fashion blogger position. This is the office.
9. Before entering the room, check if you have lipstick stains on your teeth. Oh, while you're at it, don't forget to blot your T-Zone.
10. Wear a warm floral perfume because it's a fragrance that symbolizes a grown woman, (at least to me) but don't overdose with it!
Now you're all set! Go snag that job! Good luck! :)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.