In: BEAUTY BUZZ
HIT LIST: Best Makeup and Nail Products of 2015 According To The Beauty Junkee
2015 didn't fail me and the rest of beauty product enthusiasts out there, most especially those who are on a budget because it is when we've seen the rise of drugstore beauty products; it's also the year when we welcomed new beauty brands, both international and local. There were no notable innovations in beauty in my opinion, but rather significant improvements on the existing products and formulas; still a win for me!
I spent a week picking the noteworthy beauty products of this year; it was a tough task as I was torn the whole time, but a decision had to be reached. Ladies (and Gents!), these are the best beauty products for 2015 according to The Beauty Junkee. Part one is all about makeup and nail products!
- Affordable; controls oil for hours; makes makeup last; feels like moisturizer; no white cast; primer and SPF in one.
- Convenient packaging, tolerable alternative to liquid Silicone; smooths skin for flawless foundation application.
- Slightly tinted to even out skin tone; smooths skin; prolongs makeup wear.
- Convenient packaging; keeps color vibrant and eyeshadows intact the whole day.
5. Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Concealer And Corrector
- Hydrating; very light, yet coverage is great; awakens the skin around the orbital eye.
- Full coverage; covers like a professional- grade concealer; affordable; comes in different shades; proudly Filipino brand.
- Convenient packaging; versatile (for face and eyes); crayon form allows it to conceal tight areas on the face; comes in various, Asian- friendly tones.
- Full coverage that can conceal really heavy marks; semi- hard formula resists fading; great for oily skin
- Convenient packaging; full yet natural- looking coverage; moisturizing; can be used on the face or under eye
- Handy kit that contains two concealers (under eye and face) and a setting powder; powder sets any concealer invisibly; moisturizing consistency; decent wear time; good shades.
- Proudly- Pinoy; sheer with medium coverage; feels invisible on skin; can be used alone or with other liquid bases; ample shades for medium to dark skin tones.
- Pressed Powder with good coverage; has skin care and sun protection benefits; Asian- friendly shades; affordable; very long- wearing.
- Long- lasting; good coverage; great for oily skin; travel- friendly packaging.
- Infused with serum; lightweight, but yields good coverage; yields a healthy, glowing finish.
- Cream foundation with excellent coverage yet feels light; convenient packaging; very natural- looking finish; concealer and foundation rolled in to one.
- a very good drugstore foundation; has a skin- like finish; improves the look of the skin; light, watery coverage.
- Long- lasting; perfect for oily skin and the tropical weather; good concealing effects; has a matte, but not flat finish.
- conceals pores; long- lasting; perfect for rough, oily skin; made for Filipina skin.
- Makes skin look good in person and in photos; long- wearing; gives an airbrushed effect; weightless; has skin care benefits; perfect for professional or daily use.
19. BYS Contour and Highlighting Palette
- Offers a good range of shades for contouring and bronzing; generous size; good quality.
- One of MAC's best blush products.
- Yields a natural- looking color coverage; dupe for Chanel Joues Contraste.
- Good matte blushes; affordable; proudly- Pinoy; good payoff and quality.
- A very natural- looking highlighter; gives that 'celebrity glow'; collectible packaging.
24. Pixi Natural Contouring Powder
- A contouring powder that flatters both fair and dark skin tones; mimics natural shadows.
- Widest range of lip balm I have seen; there's one for every lip concern; natural; highly moisturizing; acts as treatment on top of being a cosmetic.
- Pigmented; long- wearing; beautiful matte finish; wide range of colors from Nude to Red to Berries to Blue.
- Long- lasting; doesn't flake during wear; one of the true matte liquid lipsticks.
- Long- lasting; beautiful color range; beautiful soft, matte finish; handy packaging.
- Widest color range from Nude to Red to Purple to Pink to Violet to Green; lasts the whole day; perfect for whole- day events and for those who dislike retouching.
30. Pink Sugar Sugar Tint Lip And Cheek Tint
- Long- lasting; non- drying matte finish; versatile.
31. Pink Sugar Creamy Matte Lipstick
- Smooth, creamy, semi- matte finish, perfect for those who want bold color yet have dry lips; lost of colors to choose from; proudly- Pinoy.
- unique bouncy, hydrating texture that's perfect for dry lips; bold alternative to lip gloss; beautiful patent shine.
- A great treatment for the lips; can be used as an exfoliant; preps lips for lip balm; treats dryness.
- All- natural; proudly- Pinoy; affordable; highly moisturizing and reparative yet without chemicals; has a sweet, uplifting scent.
EYESHADOW AND NAIL PRODUCTS
- Perfect dupes of Urban Decay Naked; beautiful neutral hues.
- Waterproof and sebum- proof; can be used alone or as a base for powder eyeshadows; perfect for oily to really oily skin.
- Great selection of neutrals; very travel- friendly; chic packaging; pigmented; very affordable.
38. Girl Stuff Nail Polish
- Free of the 4 harmful polish chemicals; affordable; proudly- Pinoy.
39. Locycare Nail Gel
- Convenient and travel- friendly; serum for nails; improves the look and condition of nails.
- Duo liner that features two popular eyeliner forms: pencil and liquid eyeliner; pigmented liquid liner; long- wearing
- Long- lasting; beautiful deep black, patent shade
- Soft and gentle texture; long- wearing; Bronze Beam, one of its shade, is the perfect natural brow to define the lower lash line.
- Versatile; long- wearing; features three shades; affordable
- Features three popular shades for eyebrow shading; comes with a clear wax that helps tame brows; affordable; powders have intense pigmentation and nice texture.
- Very handy; a little goes a long way; very long- lasting; perfect for really oily skin and the tropical weather.
- Features a colored wax that you can use to shape and set brows at the same time; wax and powder come in complementing shades; handy; great for daily use.
- Features a brow pencil and brow powder in one handy pen; both products have a great payoff; very easy to blend and yields an effortlessly great color coverage and payoff; long- lasting.
- Comes in a reddish brown shade that complements the popular choice of brown hair color of most Filipina women; decent staying power; very, very affordable.
- Features a powder, pencil, and spoolie in one product; innovative design; great for traveling; pencil and powder have good quality; affordable.
- Heavy duty; spacious; customizable slots; proudly- Pinoy; posh design.
- Affordable; great quality; fits Asian eyes
- Helps you save money in the long run from weekly foot spa sessions; easy to use; gentle Micralumina heads; good quality; feels sturdy; gives you smooth soles instantly.
53. Suesh Luxury Travel Brush Set
- Chic- looking; handy; soft bristles; features essential brushes to help you come up with a great makeup look anytime, anywhere.
So there goes the best makeup and nail products for 2015 for me! Come back tomorrow for the best Hair, Body, and Fragrance products of 2015 according to The Beauty Junkee!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.