In: BEAUTY BUZZ
HIT LIST: The Best Makeup and Fragrance finds of 2016 + Star Products
Time for our year- end beauty wrap- up! 2016 has been a year of many exciting discoveries in beauty; if I would sum up my year, it's all about finding new HGs and discovering the newest potential superstars in beauty. In this list, I'll reveal my best makeup and fragrance finds for this year, plus I'm revealing the star product per category. Read on!
- Affordable, smooths skin, helps prevent oil; improves coverage of face bases.
- Controls oil; doubles as moisturizer; freshen skin; prolongs makeup wear; lightweight
- Blendable; evens out the skin on the lids; doesn't feel sticky; has a smooth surface for easier blending of eyeshadow.
4. COVERGIRL TRU BLEND FACE PRIMER FOR COMBO SKIN
- Lightweight; sets easily; controls oil.
5. RIMMEL LASTING FINISH PRIMER
- Makes makeup look fresh for hours; lightweight; doesn't clog pores.
STAR PRIMER OF 2016: BENEFIT THE POREFESSIONAL MATTE RESCUE GEL
CONCEALER AND FOUNDATION
- Super long- wearing; perfect for oily skin; doesn't oxidize nor melt even in warm, humid weather; lightweight; great coverage; can conceal and cover at the same time; photogenic.
- Great for combination and oily skin; good medium coverage; lasts for hours.
- Long- wearing; great for oily skin; great coverage; looks good in photos.
- Affordable matte foundation; lasts for 3 hours before retouching; doesn't feel heavy; medium to heavy coverage; good shade selections for an affordable brand.
- Handy; innovative packaging, keeps foundation fresh all throughout; light, but stays put for hours.
- Hydrating; good, natural coverage
- Super affordable; lightweight, but great coverage; hydrating; doesn't leave any chalky cast; comes in a bevy of shades.
STAR FOUNDATION OF 2016: KAT VON D LOCK IT FOUNDATION
STAR CONCEALER OF 2016: L.A. GIRL PRO CONCEAL HD CONCEALER
SETTING POWDER AND POWDER FOUNDATION
- Affordable; good coverage; good staying power; has morena- friendly shades.
- Great for baking; good coverage on its own; helps prolong wear time of liquid bases.
- Good coverage; surprisingly good quality; good staying power.
16. GUERLAIN PARURE GOLD POWDER FOUNDATION
- Luxurious packaging; good coverage; full coverage, yet looks natural; makes skin appear fresh and glowing
- Gives skin a supernatural glow; multipurpose as it can be used as a complexion finishing powder or as a setting powder
- Very affordable; great for controlling oil; can be used as a blotting powder, setting powder, or finishing powder.
- Great for controlling oil; low- dusting powder; sets bases quickly; keeps face matte; can be used as a primer for powder foundation.
- Good coverage; keeps skin matte for a good 3 hours; great shade selections
- Lightweight; light to medium coverage helps correct uneven skin tone and bases; has a smoothing effect.
STAR SETTING POWDER OF 2016: COTY AIRSPUN
STAR POWDER FOUNDATION OF 2016: MAX FACTOR FACEFINITY COMPACT
BLUSH AND HIGHLIGHTER
- Chic, sturdy packaging; long- lasting; great medium to heavy coverage
- Beautiful packaging; luxurious; shade 09 is a perfect, versatile rose shade.
- Cute packaging; lasts for a good 2 hours before it starts to fade; handy
- Beautiful packaging; palette offers multiple shades and textures; affordable; creates a good, glamorous glow on the skin.
- Affordable, offers multiple highlighting shades; looks good on any skin tone.
STAR BLUSH OF 2016: LES MERVEILLEUSES LADUREE CHEEK COLOR
STAR HIGHLIGHTER PALETTE OF 2016: SLEEK HIGHLIGHTING PALETTE
- Gorgeous packaging; Lolita is a beautiful, universal rose shade; pigmented, soft matte finish that doesn't dry out the lips.
- Pigmented finish; Sarte chose a beautiful, vintage rose shade that looks great on anyone; nice packaging
- Super long- wearing; beautiful, pigmented shades; handy packaging; innovative packaging; doesn't dry out lips; possibly the brand that has the prettiest, flattering metallic shades.
- Great staying power; lightweight and pigmented; has a cool, unique rootbeer smell; awesome packaging
- Beautiful shades; delectable buttercream scent; Creme dela Creme is a pretty nude that looks great on warm skin tones.
- Lasts long; generously- sized; Razzle Rose is a great everyday shade; soft matte finish, non- drying.
- Great pigmentation; Nude Nuance is a pretty 90's brown that doesn't look dated and will suit even young girls; possibly the most legit matte lipstick line of Maybelline.
- Great pigmentation; soft matte, non- drying finish; has a varied and great selection of brown shades for every skin tone and style.
STAR LIPSTICK OF 2016: JOUER LIQUID LIPSTICK
MASCARA, EYELINER, BROW PRODUCTS
- Waterproof, smudge- proof, sebum- proof; gives lush, full, dark lashes.
- Gives fluffy, full lashes; long- lasting.
37. PIXI BY PETRA LOWER LASH MASCARA
- One of its kind; perfect for coating lower lashes!
- Unique paddle brush helps create a thick line instantly; wedge tip creates a winged liner effect easily; long- wearing.
39. MAKE UP FOR EVER AQUA XL LINER
- Extremely pigmented; waterproof, smudge- proof, sebum- proof; perfect even for swimming.
- Pigmented; has the right texture that lets you blend the product easily; very long- wearing.
- Pigmented; lightweight; corrects brow color easily and naturally.
- Natural- looking and long- wearing; brow gel sets brows without adding color further.
43. K-PALETTE 3- WAY LASTING EYEBROW PENCIL
- Combines two of K-Palette's best products in one: pencil and powder; long- lasting
- Precise tip helps create hair- like, natural- looking coverage; long- lasting.
- Slanted tip helps create cleaner lines; great for creating lush yet natural- looking brows.
STAR EYELINER OF 2016: MAKE UP FOR EVER AQUA XL LINER
STAR BROW PRODUCT OF 2016: BENEFIT GOOF PROOF BROW PENCIL
STAR MASCARA OF 2016: ETUDE HOUSE CURL FIX MASCARA
- Extremely pigmented; beautiful metallic and frost shades; great transition shades; long- wearing; genuine copper shades.
- Beautiful brown selections; easy to blend matte texture; handy.
- An on-the-go palette; easy to mix and match, and apply; good pigmentation; eyeshadows don't look powdery.
- Very affordable, but good selection of neutral eyeshadow shades; good pigmentation.
STAR EYESHADOW OF 2016: JUVIA'S PLACE THE NUBIAN PALETTE
- Has a set of tools that make makeup more travel- friendly and helps protect makeups and surfaces.
51. BOHKTOH FALSE EYELASHES
- Lightweight; amps up the volume of lashes without looking fake or unnatural; comes in a ton of variants.
- Makes perfumes more travel- friendly.
- High quality makeup sponge at an affordable price; a good alternative to Beauty Blender; no rubbery odor.
- Great for spot application of liquid bases; no rubbery odor.
- Closest dupe to the quality of Beauty Blender.
56. MAKE UP FOR EVER FOUNDATION PLATE
- Affordable and makes foundation application more hygienic.
- Helps keep makeup fresh for hours; non- clogging, non- drying, doesn't induce oil build- up; unscented.
STAR MAKEUP TOOL OF 2016: NIPPON ESTHETIC BLENDING SPONGE
- Chic, fresh, unique summer fragrance.
59. CLEAN ORIGINAL
- A heartwarming fragrance reminiscent of a bar of soap.
60. CK 2
- An edgy unisex fragrance that's both feminine and masculine.
61. CLEAN RESERVE SKIN
- A warm floral that resembles the scent of bare naked skin.
62. LINGER BY WHIFF
- An opulent, sophisticated floral; a promising Filipino fragrance brand.
STAR PERFUME OF 2016: GUERLAIN AQUA ALLEGORIA LIMON VERDE
That's all for this year's best makeup and fragrance finds. Stick around and check back tomorrow for my best skin care finds of 2016!
Let me know your best beauty finds for this year!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.