BEST BEAUTY PRODUCTS OF 2020: Skin Care, Hair Care, Body Care

I think we will all agree when I say that the dominating beauty category last year was SKIN CARE. The pandemic has forced us to find different ways to be productive with the abundance of time and our limited space, and a lot have turned to self- care where skin care falls under. Many have taken the chance to get to know their skin more and be more mindful with their skin care routines.

That said, I think this edition of the BEST BEAUTY PRODUCTS OF 2020 is your most awaited one! Welcome to the second and final edition of my yearly wrap up featuring the best skin care, body care, and hair care products of 2020!

BEST BODY CLEANSER

WINNER BODY CLEANSER: THE BODY SHOP VANILLA PUMPKIN SHOWER GEL

- Deliciously creamy, luxuriously soft and smooth, this mouthwatering, limited edition shower gel cleans and moisturizes, and delights the senses in the shower. Here's to satisfying pumpkin pie cravings sans the guilt and extra calories.

SPECIAL MENTIONS:

3. Seoul White Whip It Whitening Soap
5. Olay Bodyscience Créme Body Wash

BEST BODY MOISTURIZER

WINNER BODY MOISTURIZER/TREATMENT: THE BODY SHOP ETHIOPIAN GREEN COFFEE FIRMING BODY CREAM

- A light and fast- absorbing body cream that leaves skin soft and supple, but not greasy and gives skin a firmer look. I have also noticed that the rough patches on the back portion of my arms went away after two weeks of continued use.

SPECIAL MENTIONS:

2. Love, Beauty, Planet Oceans Edition Sea Salt and Bergamot Hand and Body Lotion

BEST MAKEUP REMOVER


This is actually a lazy girl's cleansing butter: grab a dollop or two and slather across your face and even eyes (yes, it can remove waterproof eye makeup); it doesn't sting my eyes that why I love it! I can truly say that this will work on any waterproof makeup because it works effectively in removing Huda Beauty Faux Filter Foundation, which is arguably the MOST WATERPROOF foundation out there 

SPECIAL MENTIONS:

1. Fresh Skinlab Jeju Aloe Ice Cleansing Balm
2. Pond's Anti-Bacterial Refreshing Face Wipes

BEST FACIAL CLEANSER


fragrance- free with 2 types of Hyaluronic Acid that infuses and retains moisture on the skin that is being removed every time we wash our face. Great for all skin types specially dry skin.

SPECIAL MENTIONS:

1. Pond's Anti-Bacterial Facial Wash
3. The Body Shop Drops of Light Pure Resurfacing Liquid Peel
7. Innisfree Jeju Hallabong Brightening Pore Facial Cleanser

BEST TONER

WINNER TONER: FRESH FORMULA CLEAR AS DAY LOW PH TONER

finally, an affordable low pH toner that has zinc, which is very good in combating acne. This was one of my beauty favorites last month because it is sting- free, gentle, fragrance- free, and helped my skin get rid of acne; I alternate it with my favorite Pixi Glow Tonic Toner; Clear As Day is my gentle, everyday toner and Glow Tonic is my exfoliating toner.

SPECIAL MENTIONS:

BEST MOISTURIZER

BEST MOISTURIZER: HADA LABO GOKU JYUN HYDRATING WATER GEL

Consistency is a thick gel cream, but still feels lightweight on the skin. I love gel moisturizers because it's so perfect for our weather and my skin type, but sometimes, they tend to evaporate faster from the skin and don't leave it moisturized for a long time; this one is different: once on the skin, it doesn't feel as if it's evaporating quickly despite the gel formula and my skin feels soft and moisturized for long hours; I think it's due to the four types of Hyaluronic Acid in the product that's helping it last longer and moisturize effectively and longer. It has a light floral fragrance that is very pleasant.

SPECIAL MENTIONS:

1. The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream

BEST SKIN TREATMENT


One good thing I love about this product is it calms the skin and takes away the sensitive, tender feel of the skin especially when it is breaking out; this is why I love using it as a mask for big, angry zits: I find that this balm helps numb and calm the tenderness, redness, and painful feeling associated with having fresh, big zits. If my skin is a bit reddish and looks irritated, I use it as a moisturizer and it helps minimize redness and any sign of irritation.

SPECIAL MENTIONS:

2. Innisfree Pore Volcanic Mask 2X
4. Skinpotions Tomato Serum

BEST SPF

WINNER SPF: NEUTROGENA ULTRA SHEER COMPLETE UV WATERLIGHT LOTION

- What I love most about this product is it's high SPF, but yields zero white cast---AS IN! I can apply a lot and no ma, still no white cast! It also has a mild moisturizing effect, which supports my actual moisturizer and provides a good base for makeup. This sunscreen is makeup- friendly!

SPECIAL MENTIONS:

1. Sunglow Créme Tinted Sunscreen

2. Belo SunExpert Reef- Friendly SPF

BEST HAIR CLEANSER/TREATMENT


After rinsing, I was amazed at how soft my hair felt apart from feeling really clean. After blow- drying, my hair felt light and my scalp felt "breezy" and clean, if that makes sense! I've used it for 2 weeks straight now at twice a week usage and it's the perfect in-between cleanser when my hair feeling heavy from all the silicones and creams from commercial shampoo and conditioner. I also use this when I'm in a hurry because it's a shampoo and conditioner in one.

SPECIAL MENTIONS:

1. The Body Shop Banana Shampoo and Conditioner
2. The Body Shop Ginger Shampoo
3. The Body Shop Ginger Scalp Serum
5. Clear Botanique Lavender Shampoo
6. Love, Beauty, and Planet Oceans Edition Sea Salt and Bergamot Shampoo and Conditioner

BEST MULTIPURPOSE BODY TREATMENT

WINNER MULTIPURPOSE SKIN CARE TREATMENT: NIKS SKIN MIRACLE CREAM

- An all- around healing cream that lightens dark areas, treats acne, smooths skin, and provides deep moisture treatment. I've been loving this cream because I use it as an underarm lightening cream (helped lighten my pits!), as a spot- treatment, and post- wax cream down there. This is great for sensitive skin and even on babies!

SPECIAL MENTIONS:

BEST BODY CARE TOOLS

WINNER: INTIMINA LILY CUP COMPACT SIZE

- My first time to try the menstrual cup this year. I'm still adjusting to this product, but after trying it out, I saw the merit and how this can potentially save women a ton of money. Best decision for me to try it this year!

SPECIAL MENTIONS:

1. Happy Rose Quartz Face Roller

BEST SKIN CARE SET

WINNER SKIN CARE SET: POND'S ANTI-BACTERIAL RANGE

Pond's Anti-Bacterial skin care range is your affordable choice when it comes to combatting or preventing maskne or breakouts or if you simply just want products that will help keep your skin clear.

SPECIAL MENTIONS

1. Niks Skin Nurture Kit Rejuv Set

2. Luxe Organix AHA/BHA Miracle Solutions

3. Pixi Vitamin C and Ferulic Acid Skin Care

That wraps up our best beauty products of 2020 blog posts! I hope you liked it!

Do share with me your best skin care/body care/hair care finds of 2020!

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. I love Olay Bodyscience Créme Body Wash too! Yung tatlong variants nila, very moisturizing and nakakasoft ng skin after use. The scent is nice also, di overpowering but pampering..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Olay Bodyscience Créme Body Wash too! Yung tatlong variants nila, very moisturizing and nakakasoft ng skin after use. The scent is nice also, di overpowering but pampering..

    ReplyDelete
  3. yayyy!!!a must try!!!pro pass poko miss martha dun sa menstrual cup,,😜😪
    pro ung rejuv set 5 times up ako jn,.!!thanks for this beshie!,😍😍😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)