THE HIT LIST: TOP 45 PRODUCTS FOR 2011+WITH LINKS TO ACTUAL REVIEWS!

Hello honeys! It’s that time of the year wherein I do a roundup of the products that have rocked my 2011.

2011 was a pretty great year for me and my beauty blog. I’ve been to tons of events, had a couple of features, and received a lot of beauty products (and still counting). 2011 was a pretty awesome year for me, and I’m sure 2012 will be a blast!

But the most special part of all was meeting new people, fellow beauty and fashion bloggers, and making them friends and partners in the process.

As 2011 packs it bags to make way for 2012, let me sincerely thank you, my beloved readers, brands, and companies for supporting me and this blog. I would've never reached this point without your trust. I sincerely appreciate those readers who were kind enough to let me know how my blog has helped them in their journey to the wonderful world of beauty, and how I’ve helped them become wiser and more confident with every blog post I make. You guys don’t know how these kind words fuel me to become better at what I’m doing. So keep them coming, and I’ll keep on improving.

Anyway. :D


The Beauty Junkee has picked her top 45 beauty products for 2011. And she will definitely take these to another exciting beauty journey in 2012! Take a look! :D


TOP PRODUCTS: FACE

1. BENEFIT HOOLA
I’ve discovered this just recently, and I must say that I’ve found the perfect natural looking brown blush!

It’s a pink blush that never fails to receive a compliment whenever I’m wearing it. And it perfectly goes with any lipstick shade too!

My first- ever product from Clinique after a long time. And I’m quite impressed! It’s pretty cheap, but its effect is at par with some of the more expensive brands I’ve tried. It’s also fragrance- free, allergy tested, and perfect for my oily skin.

Thank goodness to Tamera Online for sending me a sample. This pressed powder has made me love Mineral makeups!

One of my great discoveries this year. It’s pretty cheap, and it lives up to its name.

I’ve finally understood why Shiseido’s powder foundies are a must, and why my mom loves it so much. It makes me flawless in a jiffy, and has amazing coverage.

7. INGLOT YSM (Young Skin Makeup) FOUNDATION
First time to try Inglot, and I knew it was already love. Texture is non- greasy, formula is Paraben- free, and it really does make my skin look healthy and young- looking!

One of the cheapest and most effective products I’ve tried.


TOP PRODUCTS: EYES

I particularly love this for the gel liner included in it. It can withstand even the oiliest of lids!

10. NATURE REPUBLIC BROW LINER IN 3
This brow pencil saves me time, and it amazingly looks natural even if I overdo my application! And it’s very affordable too!

I love everything in it, and it’s the perfect arsenal to combat puffy eyes, dark circles, and nasty facial marks.

HG brow product. People would always commend my brows whenever I’m wearing this one!

13. BOBBI BROWN CONCEALER KIT
Indeed, this is the one of the secrets of the universe. It’s a concealer that does not look chalky and fake. It lasts all day on my oily skin too. I particularly love the setting powder in it. I also use the setting powder on my lids for a brightening effect.

14. MAJOLICA MAJORCA LASH ENAMEL GLAMOUR VOLUME ON MASCARA
Majolica Majorca means business when it comes to lashes. My friends rushed to SM Watson’s to get one for themselves after asking me what I’ve used on my pretty lush lashes.

15. BENEFIT THEY’RE REAL MASCARA
Good job, Benefit! With this mascara, I already look gorgeous even without an eyeshadow and eyeliner!


TOP PRODUCTS: LIPS

This lipstick shade never fails to brighten up my face. And it lasts all day on me too! Lime Crime is one of my favorite products for 2011. And the tube is very pretty, don’t you agree?

Regina Belmonte was right. Rebel is very pretty. I’ve just discovered this lately, and it instantly became my favorite. I’m planning to sport bold and vampy looks for 2012. And Rebel is the first one on my 2012 beauty list!

These lippies are proof that beauty does not have to cost you a fortune. For as low as 350php, I already have long lasting, pigmented, and buttery soft lipsticks. Thanks for this wonderful line, NYX!

My most favorite color from the line. It’s cheap, and it’s the perfect rose shade for me. And the soft matte finish is love!

20. CARMEX LIPBALM
I just discovered this recently, and again, it became a favorite. Why did I try Carmex just now? Thanks to the Carmex team for sending me samples. These lipbalms are the best lipbalms to use under lipstick because of its sheer coverage and lightweight feel.


TOP PRODUCTS: SKIN CARE

The only potion I need to revive my tired and dull skin.

22. OBAGI C RX SYSTEM SUNGUARD FACE SUNBLOCK SPF 30
Want a photo- friendly sunblock? Try this. It’s pretty costly, but it’s worth it. Thanks, Obagi!

23. KIEHL’S DERMATOLOGIST SOLUTIONS SPOT TREATMENT
Finally, a spot treatment that prevents zits before they pop on the surface, and miraculously prevents dark post- acne marks!

Affordable and skin- friendly! No breakouts with this one during my usage. Quality is at par with some high- end facial cleansers I've tried. :)

Cheap and effective. See my review for the real results.


An oil- absorbing facial cleanser that doesn’t overdry my skin. It’s fragrance- free and suds- free too! It's perfect even for the most sensitive skin.


TOP PRODUCTS: BODY CARE

All- natural care for the most sensitive part down there. It keeps me feeling clean and fresh all day too!

27. VMV HYPOALLERGENICS MOMMYCODDLING LOTION
Love the scent and the texture. Another great discovery from VMV.

28. AQUA MINERAL DEAD SEA SALT SCRUB
A body scrub enriched with the goodness of the Dead Sea, Jojoba Oil, and Argan Oil. It gives my skin a sexy luster, and I don’t need to apply lotion after using this one!

I would like to commend Nivea for their Hydra-IQ complex that made lotion wearable even on scorching hot and humid days.

Magically alleviates itchy and reddish insect bites in seconds, and wipes ‘em out completely in minutes!

31. VMV SKIN- SAVING ANTIPERSPIRANT
Keeps my pits dry and smelling fresh all day. No need to reapply! It’s also fragrance- free and hypoallergenic.

Salon- like tresses at a cheap cost. It’s even better than some known conditioner brands in the market!


TOP PRODUCTS: BEAUTY TOOLS

A travel- friendly and stylish brush that buffs loose and pressed powder perfectly onto my skin.

I’m loving this set because it basically has all the essential makeup brushes, especially this very useful under eye powder brush!

Not even the thinnest hair strand can escape Tweezerman! That’s why it’s the best tweezer brand in the world!


TOP PRODUCTS: FRAGRANCE

35. AURA BY SWAROVSKI EDT
A beautiful sparkling floral that doesn’t smell common.

36. CARON FLEUR DE ROCAILLE EDT
Elegant, young, fresh, beautiful.

For daytime, I go for citrus scents. This one is overtly citrus, yet without the toilet fragrance appeal.

38. JO MALONE FRENCH LIME BLOSSOM
Warm, pure, crisp, and fresh. A scent that reminds me of my bed!


TOP PRODUCTS: MISCELLANEOUS

A palette with all the eyeshadow colors that I’ll ever need. And the quality of the eyeshadows are superb too!

For a natural- look, I reach for this one. I’m loving the blush in this palette!

43. BENEFIT I’M GLAM, THEREFORE I AM FACE PALETTE
Beautiful makeup picks housed in a gorgeous palette. It’s a palette that will make you look glam during daytime and night time!

The perfect tint for morena ladies like me. The color reminds me of summer too!

Hated this before, but when I’ve managed to make it work, I have seen how beautiful it is. For lazy days and quick trips to the supermarket, I reach for this one, swipe some on my cheeks and lips, and I’m good to go!

WHEW! There goes my top picks for this year. I can’t wait to see what’s in store for us this coming 2012, my fellow beauty junkies! Let me know your top 2011 picks by spilling ‘em on the comment section!

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL NEW YEAR! :D

Post a Comment

10 Comments

  1. Such a helpful post Ms. Martha :) Ang dammmmeeeeeee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Martha :) Actually, some of the products that I'm loving now is all because of you! Super worth it talaga! Mabuti na lang nandyan ka to make reviews :) The Beauty Junkee- Beauty Fairy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Martha! Thank you sa mga product reviews mo. Some items sa list mo ginagamit ko na ngayon. Super satisfied ako sa results. Mabuti na lang nandyan ka. The Beauty Junkee- The Beauty Fairy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woweeee... thanks & Happy New Year, Martha!!! :)

    April

    ReplyDelete
  5. martha, where did you buy your jo malone?

    ReplyDelete
  6. apol: thanks! happy new year too! :)

    Anonymous: hello dear, welcome to my blog! :D My mom got this for me during her recent trip to Bangkok. :) Happy New Year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, overall whats your favorite mascara? Thanks! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy new year! I enjoy your reviews. Im not much of a beauty junkee, but I do appreciate makeups and other personal hygiene stuff... your blog keeps me informed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. anonymous: hello! for its price and efficacy, majolica majorca. it's too early to say that I'm in love with they're real because I just used it. Been using MM for a long time, and up to now, I still can't help but be amazed at how it plumps up my lashes. :) hope that helped. happy new year! :)

    jaja: why thank you dear! happy new year! :D keep on reading! :D

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)